Yoink simplifies and improves drag and drop between windows, apps, spaces and fullscreen apps. The app has been repeatedly featured by on the Mac App Store in numerous categories and was recommended by John Gruber of DaringFireball and Federico Viticci of MacStories.
When you start dragging files in Finder or content from an application, Yoink fades in a tiny window at the edge of your screen so you can drag to it.
This frees up your mouse so you can comfortably navigate to the destination of the files and resume the drag from Yoink’s window more comfortably.
For a quick video introduction, further information and tips and tricks for getting the most out of Yoink, please visit its website.
Here’s what customers say about Yoink:
“Essential. One of the few apps I use all the time.” – Kraznoff, US App Store
“Simple, elegant, perfect. This is a fantastic app. It works flawlessly”. – Benwiggy, UK App Store
“Handiest utility I ever purchased.” – Nrgwise, US App Store
Here’s what the press says about Yoink:
“Yoink is a terrific utility for macOS” – John Gruber, DaringFireball.net
“Yoink is a fantastic way to enhance drag’n’drop. Highly recommended.” – Federico Viticci, MacStories.net
“Yoink is an awesome drag and drop utility for the Mac and is instrumental to me when working with full screen apps.” – Jeff Benjamin, iDownloadBlog
“Yoink makes drag and drop easier.” – Dan Frakes, Macworld
“Yoink really makes the whole drag and drop process much less stressful.” – Whitson Gordon, lifehacker.com
“I absolutely love this little utility, it’s one of the few I’ve come across that has had staying powers on my Macs.” – James Dempsey, The Graphic Mac
If you have any feedback or questions, please do not hesitate to write me by mail at [email protected], or on twitter at @YoinkApp or @eternalstorms.
What’s New in version 3.5.8 – Jan 30, 2020:
– When copying snippets or weblinks, instead of the file path, the URL or snippet content is copied
– Option-click an entry in Yoink’s Clipboard History Today Widget to send to Yoink instead of copy
– Fixes a bug that caused Yoink’s Clipboard History Today Widget’s file icons to draw incorrectly
– Fixes a rare crash during Handoff, when Handoff was cancelled before the window was fully loaded on Mac
– Fixes a bug where tooltips would sometimes show up inappropriately
– Fixes a bug on macOS Catalina that caused many apps not to appear in the “Ignored apps” UI
– Ignores the com.apple.drawing file type for now when importing a Sketch from an iOS device
– Fixes an error message that could appear when importing a photo using Continuity Camera
– Fixes a minor issue regarding the “File moved to Trash” popover
Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese
Age Rating Rated 4+
Copyright © 2011-2019, Eternal Storms Software