Ulysses for Mac is your one-stop writing environment on OS X. Whether you’re a novelist, a journalist, a student or a blogger – if you love to write and write a lot, Ulysses gives you a uniquely streamlined toolset, covering every phase of the writing process:
– A powerful, yet simple text editor.
– A familiar, no-nonsense text library.
– A comprehensive and truly flexible multi-format export.
Of course, the heart and soul of a writing app is its editor. And Ulysses is said to have the best text editor in the world. It offers everything you need – from markup to images and footnotes, from links to comments and code –, and it still manages to stay completely out of the way. It’s a beautiful and focused experience, which turns the every-day chore of writing into *actual fun*.
But since Ulysses takes writing seriously, it does not stop at the editor. Its unified library offers unprecedented access to everything you’ll ever write, be it snippets and ideas, be it blog posts or manuscripts. Every text is at your fingertips, and Ulysses perfectly scales from scratchpad to diary to Great American Novels – and to everything in-between.
Once you’re finished, export is only a click away. Ulysses can transform your text into beautiful PDFs, web pages, standard e-books and Word documents. You can copy as HTML or save to the cloud as Markdown. Export is as easy as selecting a format, selecting a style, and selecting a destination. Yes, 1-2-3.
Best of all, Ulysses offers fully-fledged, no-holds-barred, all-out iCloud sync. Ulysses is available for both Mac and iPad, and every connected device has access to everything and anything you’ll ever write. Synchronization is simple, seamless and neither requires third-party apps, nor any kind of interaction. If you got iCloud, you got sync.
### ASSORTED QUOTES ###
„It’s hard to imagine a better experience on any platform.” – Macworld
“Welcome to the future of writing.” – Cult of Mac
“An excellent value for anyone who wants to become a better, more efficient writer.” – The Sweet Setup
### FEATURES ###
Focus & Concentration
– Markup-based text editor
– Clean, distraction free interface
– Typewriter Scrolling
– Light and dark fullscreen modes
Write & Edit
– Simple markup for headlines, lists, comments, quotes, important passages and more
– Easy insertion of links, annotations and footnotes
– Drag‘n’drop placement of images with live preview
– Option to attach keywords, notes and images
– Smart Copy & Paste
– Search & Replace
– Spell check, grammar check, auto correction & dictionary
– Dictation & Speech support
– Writing goals (characters, words, pages etc.)
– Comprehensive text statistics
File & Organize
– A single library for all texts
– Sorting by date, by title or manually
– Groups, intelligent filters, favorites
– Full iCloud synchronization
– Automatic versioning and version control
– Automatic, scheduled backup of you text library
– Import and editing of text files from external folders
– Global search
Export & Processing
– Export as PDF, DOCX, TXT, Markdown, HTML and ePub
– Live preview, send as email
– Pre-selected styles for export
– Edit and create styles via CSS, share via Ulysses Style Exchange
– Share files via Dropbox
User Interface & Navigation
– Designed for OS X 10.10 Yosemite
– Simple, three-paned layout (library, sheet list, editor)
– Option to hide library and sheet list
– Functional markup bar (aka cheat sheet)
– Full keyboard navigation
– Easy text navigation via structure and bookmarks
– Light and dark editor modes
– Hand picked color palettes, easy customization
and so much more…
### SUPPORT ###
Please visit http://www.ulyssesapp.com for more information. You can also reach us via [email protected] or on Twitter @ulyssesapp – we’re happily awaiting your feedback!