The digital design toolkit
Sketch is a design toolkit built to help you create your best work — from your earliest ideas, through to final artwork.
Sketch: graphic design for a digital world. Powerful tools and an elegant interface, in a single award-winning package. Because making beautiful things should be a joy, not a burden.
Sketch supports multiple fills, borders and shadows per layer; has powerful non-destructive boolean operations; smart pixel alignment; and makes exporting a breeze with automatic slicing and multiple resolution export.
Vector tools and basic shapes are the foundation; whether you are designing icons, websites, interfaces or anything else. Combine these into complex shapes with non-destructive boolean operations, leaving you free to edit them in the future, then apply advanced layer style options like multiple shadows, fills, gradients, noise, blending, background blurring, and more.
Sketch doesn’t just do shapes, of course. Imported images can be rotated, scaled, cropped and masked. The best-in-class text tool lets you add beautiful typography to your designs, using native font rendering, so you can be sure that text always looks 100% accurate!
Brand new to Sketch 3, Symbols allow you to reuse entire groups of content in multiple places in your design. Think of interface elements such as buttons, headers and footers. Change them once, and they update everywhere in your document.
Built for the Mac, Sketch supports OS X’s Versions and Auto Save, letting you focus on your work instead of hitting CMD+S. Keep your work safely in sync across multiple Mac computers with iCloud. And take Sketch full screen to maximise the size of your canvas.
All this power is deliciously baked into Sketch’s single-window interface. Everything is there, tucked away until you need it. A simple interface with powerful tools.
Now everything is possible.
— Winner of an Apple Design Award and amongst the App Store’s ‘Best of 2012 —
- Color Management – Sketch adds support for working and exporting documents in sRGB and P3 color spaces.
- Find and Replace – You can now find a color you’re using, so it can be replaced throughout your document.
- Sketch Cloud – Files can now be downloaded from Sketch Cloud – when sharing with Sketch Cloud, the document itself is uploaded with its content.
- Symbol Scaling – Symbol instances can now be scaled independently from the Symbol master using the Scale command.
- Imported Symbols now remain linked to their Library when copied and pasted between documents
- Library previews can now be added by creating an Artboard titled “Library Preview” in the Library document
- Improved performance for documents featuring many Symbol overrides
- Updated the built-in “iOS UI Design” Library for iOS 11
- Improved PDF import of non-rectangular outline masks
- You can now hold down the Shift key during launch to disable all Sketch plugins
- A shadow’s spread can be set to a negative value to decrease the size of the object casting the shadow
- Improved performance of SVG export when exporting Artboards from pages containing many other Artboards
- Improved Sketch Cloud UI with a number of refinements, plus added the ability to request access to privately shared documents
- Uploads to Sketch Cloud can now be cancelled whilst the upload is in progress
- Improved the way overrides are displayed for nested Symbols if their values had been overridden
- Improved font replacement by respecting subranges of text using different weights
- The toolbar now shows which tool you’re currently working with
- The shortcuts to quickly toggle borders and fills (B and F) now also work in the vector editor
- Improved appearance of shadows applied to complex shapes such as outlined text layers
- Improved various boolean operation results, particularly when subtracting overlapping shapes
- Improved selection of shapes with thin borders and no fill
- The “iOS App Icon” template has been updated to include Smooth Corners and Symbol scaling
- When replacing a layer with a Symbol, the Symbol now inherits the same size as the previous layer
- Artboard presets for Android devices are now named correctly
- Improved padding for the iPhone X Status Bar Symbols within the built-in iOS UI Design Library
- The magnifier tool now uses the document color space when determining the color of the pixel that’s selected or hovered over
- Fixed a number of bugs where boolean operations on certain overlapping shapes would have unexpected results
- Fixed a bug where picking colors from additional displays would use the wrong color space
- Fixed a bug where resetting a bitmap to its original size wouldn’t be reflected in the Inspector
- Fixed a bug where the size value in the Inspector wouldn’t update after using the Scale command on a layer
- Fixed a bug where repositioning Symbol Artboards within a Library document would trigger a Library Update
- Fixed a bug where plugins couldn’t be saved from the Run Script panel if the Plugins folder was a symlink
- Fixed a problem that prevented CocoaScript from working correctly on the latest version of macOS High Sierra
- Fixed a rare bug where the contents of a Symbol could appear hidden when applying a text override
- Fixed a bug where shadows applied to filled layers with either a Center or Outside border might not show as expected
- Fixed a bug where shadows would be clipped when applied to certain lines and borders
- Fixed a bug where nested Symbol content could be unexpectedly clipped in rare cases
- Fixed a bug where a document’s reference to its shared link in Sketch Cloud would be reset when cancelling a Save As… action
- Fixed a bug where the size value in the Inspector wouldn’t update after resetting a Symbol instance to its original size
- Fixed a bug where Detach from Symbol would misplace the layer’s selection bounds in rare cases
- Fixed a bug where Symbol previews would be reloaded several times when expanding an elongated Overrides menu
- Fixed a bug where the height of new multi-line text layers would be set automatically when click-and-dragging to insert a fixed-width text layer
- Fixed a bug where changing the size of a text layer within a group could cause it to shift position unexpectedly
- Fixed a bug where inserting points on rounded curves might have been unreliable
- Fixed a bug where dragging a handle control point in the vector editor wouldn’t snap to all possible locations
- Fixed a bug where guides would appear to be displayed at the wrong position after ungrouping Artboards
- Fixed a bug where dragging layers set to export as JPG from the Layer List to the desktop would result in poor quality exports
- Fixed a bug where split paths wouldn’t maintain their correct position in the hierarchy
- Fixed a bug where layers inserted using the Pencil tool would always be positioned at the top of the Layer List
- Fixed a bug where clicking on the Canvas wouldn’t exit the radial gradient editor
- Fixed a bug where the color picker could contain another color picker when choosing a color
- Fixed a bug where the Welcome window wouldn’t show the correct document preview
- Fixed a rare bug where uploads to Sketch Cloud might appear to be slightly blurry
- Fixed a bug where a 0-radius star couldn’t be selected on the Canvas
- Fixed a bug where layers couldn’t be selected after selecting to ignore their underlying mask
- Fixed a bug where the color picker wouldn’t be scrollable in some rare cases
- Fixed a bug where the color picker wouldn’t always display the correct HEX value
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur when converting text to outlines
- Fixed a bug where the expected color profile wouldn’t always be assigned to images exported by dragging from the Layer List
- Intel, 64-bit processor
- OS X 10.10 or later
- Developer: SketchApp.com
- Price: $99
- File Info: Sketch v48 dmg 24MB