“The biggest software advance for writers since the word processor.”
– Best-selling novelist Michael Marshall Smith
Typewriter. Ring-binder. Scrapbook. Scrivener combines all the writing tools you need to craft your first draft, from nascent notion to final full stop.
Tailor-made for creating long manuscripts, Scrivener banishes page fright by allowing you to compose your text in any order, in sections as large or small as you like. Got a great idea but don’t know where it fits? Write when inspiration strikes and find its place later. Grow your manuscript organically, idea by idea.
Whether you plan or plunge, Scrivener works your way: meticulously outline every last detail first, or hammer out a complete draft and restructure later. Or do a bit of both. All text sections in Scrivener are fully integrated with its outlining tools, so working with an overview of your manuscript is only ever a click away, and turning Chapter Four into Chapter One is as simple as drag and drop.
Need to refer to research? In Scrivener, your background material is always at hand, and you can open it right alongside what you’re working on. Write a description based on a photograph. Transcribe an interview. Check for consistency with an earlier chapter.
Once you’re ready to share your work with the world, compile everything into a single document for printing, create an e-book, or export to popular formats such as Word, PDF, Final Draft or plain text. You can even share using different formatting, so that you can write in your favorite font and still keep your editor happy.
Scrivener’s users include best-selling novelists, screenwriters, students, academics, lawyers, journalists and translators. It won’t tell you how to write – it just provides everything you need to start writing and keep writing.
• Interactive tutorial project
• Project templates for novels, scripts, essays and more
• Import common text files such as RTF, DOCX, FDX, ODT and TXT
• Easily split imported text into separate sections
• Write your manuscript in sections of any size
• View sections individually or combined
• Distraction-free full-screen mode
• Scriptwriting mode for screenplays, stage plays, comic scripts and more
• Familiar text formatting tools
• Live word and character counts
• Mark up your text with comments
• Make notes in the sidebar which become footnotes or endnotes upon print or export
• Keep snapshots of earlier text versions and revert to them at any time
• Name generator
• MathType support
• Set goals using project and document targets
• Automatic backups
Find Your Structure
• Write in any order and reorganize later
• Write a synopsis for any text section and see it in the fully-featured outliner
• Rearrange sections as index cards on the corkboard
• Project-wide search
• Track ideas using labels and keywords
• Apply custom icons to your sections
Refer to Research
• Import research such as image, PDF and media files
• Import web pages
• View research files or other sections right alongside your writing
• Transcribe audio files
Get It Out There
• Compile to a single document for sharing or printing
• Export to popular formats such as DOC, RTF and plain text
• Print or generate PDF files
• Export ePub or Kindle files
• Export to Final Draft
• Supports MultiMarkdown for LaTeX export
• Sync with our iOS version (available separately)
Demonstration videos are available on our website.
We have a whole heap of testimonials from published authors – see our testimonials page at http://www.literatureandlatte.com/testimonials.php to read what they have to say.
If you have questions, feedback or need help, please contact us at [email protected], visit our support forums at http://www.literatureandlatte.com/forum, or find us @scrivenerapp on Twitter.
Note: 3.1.1 is a patch for 3.1. It fixes a bug that could cause a 10.14 crash on startup for existing users who had customised their appearance preferences.
• Full support for dark mode on macOS 10.14.
• Scrivener’s “Appearance” preferences allow you to take full control over colours and UI in each mode.
• Switch between dark and light mode independently of the system settings using the Scrivener > Appearance menu.
• Set up different colour themes for each mode via the Preferences, and switch between them using the Scrivener > Themes menu.
• Support for “MORE” and “CONT’D” when compiling for PDF and printing. (See new settings in the “Text Layout” area of the Compile format editor.)
• Support for not splitting sentences across pages in scripts.
• Dual dialogue support for print and PDF.
• You can now include a cover image when compiling to PDF.
• Enhanced options for compiling for print-on demand services, including an option for PDF files to use the PDF/X-3 format.
• Epub 3 and Kindle KF8 formats now allow for direct formatting. With these changes, the older ePub 2 and Kindle Mobi formats have been removed, and will only be available for Compile formats created in older versions that rely on them.
• Epub export now supports inline MathML equations generated by MathType.
• It is now much easier to edit section layouts: a pencil icon appears when you move the mouse over a section layout in the main Compile window. Simply click on it (or double-click the layout) to begin editing.
• Unused section types are now hidden by default in Compile’s “Assign Section Types”.
• Section Layouts in the Compile format editor are now displayed in bold if they are used in the project, making it easier to identify the layouts you are most interested in.
• Improvements have been made to footnotes in print and PDF, including several new options for how they are laid out.
Many, many other enhancements to Compile.
• A new “focus mode” is available via View > Text Editing > Focus. This allows you to fade out everything except the current line, sentence or paragraph as you write. The mode can be set independently for the main window and Compose.
WIDOWS AND ORPHANS
• Widow and orphan control now supported in Scrivener’s page view. (Off by default – use the “Editing” Preferences to turn it on.)
• Widow and orphan control now supported when compiling to PDF or for printing.
• Keep with Next has also been improved, and you can now determine whether the KWN paragraph itself can be split across pages or not.
Download Scrivener 3 for macOS Free Cracked