Microsoft Office 2016 16.13.0
The new versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and OneNote provide the best of both worlds for Mac users – the familiar Office experience paired with the best of Mac.
If you already use Office on a PC or iPad, you will find yourself right at home in Office 2016 for Mac. It works the way you expect, with the familiar ribbon interface and powerful task panes. Mac users will appreciate the modernized Office experience and the integration of Mac capabilities like Full Screen view and Multi-TouchTM gestures. With full Retina display support, your Office documents look sharper and more vibrant than ever.
Office for Mac is cloud-connected, so you can quickly get to the documents you’ve recently used on other devices and pick up where you left off. New, built-in document sharing tools make it easy to invite teammates to work on a document together. When sharing documents, you won’t have to worry about losing content or formatting, as Office for Mac offers unparalleled compatibility with Office on PCs, tablets, phones and online.
Release notes for Office 2016 for Mac
Updates are available from Microsoft AutoUpdate (MAU). To use MAU, start an Office application, such as Word, and then choose Help > Check for Updates. If you’re an admin and want to update the computers in your organization with your existing software deployment tools, you can download and deploy the update packages for each application.
NOTE: Microsoft AutoUpdate provides updates for Office 2016 for Mac, Office for Mac 2011, Skype for Business on Mac, and Lync for Mac 2011. Therefore, you might receive a notification to update Microsoft AutoUpdate even if you’re not running Office 2016 for Mac.
For a list of all Office 2016 for Mac releases and additional download links, see Update history for Office 2016 for Mac.
If you’re an Office Insider, see Release notes for Insider Fast builds of Office 2016 for Mac.
Note To install this update, you must be running OS X Yosemite 10.10 or a later version, and you must have a valid Microsoft Office 365 subscription. Additionally, see more information about Office 365 Subscription options. If you already have Office 2011 for Mac installed, you can run Office 2011 and Office 2016 side-by-side.
- Chat with co-authors while you edit: Collaborate more effectively by chatting with your co-authors without ever leaving Word.
- Insert and edit icons: Use icons to add visual impact to your document by inserting and editing one of 500 icons.
- Write your best resume or CV with help from LinkedIn: Resume Assistant shows you work experiences, top skills, and more for a given role. Find it on the Review tab.
- Accessibility built right in: Use your keyboard to access the ribbon quickly and to format the words or pictures you just inserted.
- Chat with co-authors while you edit: Collaborate more effectively by chatting with your co-authors without ever leaving Excel.
- Insert and edit icons: Use icons to add visual impact to your workbook by inserting and editing one of 500 icons.
- Use a timeline to filter your data: Easily filter a PivotTable by sliding the date range with a timeline filter.
- CVE-2018-8147: Microsoft Excel Remote Code Execution Vulnerability
- CVE-2018-8162: Microsoft Excel Remote Code Execution Vulnerability
- Chat with co-authors while you edit: Collaborate more effectively by chatting with your co-authors without ever leaving PowerPoint.
- Insert and edit icons: Use icons to add visual impact to your presentation by inserting and editing one of 500 icons.
- CVE-2018-8176: Microsoft PowerPoint Remote Code Execution Vulnerability
- Customize swipe gestures: Set the swipe left and swipe right gestures to the actions you use most. Choose from Delete, Archive, Mark as Read, Flag, or None.
- Support for Google Calendar and Contacts: Manage your Google Calendar and Contacts without leaving Outlook.
- Intel, 64-bit processor
- OS X 10.10 or later
Size: 1.5GB .dmg