“The Best Text Expansion App” – LifeHacker
* aText Mac App Store version no longer works on OS X 10.11 El Capitan and later because of new App Sandboxing restrictions. If you purchased aText on Mac App Store, please visit aText’s web page for instruction to switch to non-sandboxed version for free.
* On OS X 10.9 and 10.10: please drag&drop aText.app into Accessibility list (in System Preferences \ Privacy) before using this app.
aText accelerates your typing by replacing abbreviations with frequently used phrases you define.
E.g. make an abbreviation “myname” to insert your name “First Middle Last” in any application.
With aText you can easily avoid typing the same thing over and over.
• Insert images and formatted text.
• Capitalize new sentences. Correct double capitals.
• Insert the current date and time in any format. Insert day in the future or the past, for example: next Sunday, previous Monday.
• Embed clipboard content in snippet, embed another snippet, use editable fields in snippet, send any key (such as Esc, Tab, Enter, arrow keys, etc).
• Reposition the cursor in the expanded snippet.
• Invoke AppleScripts and Shell Scripts.
• Import data from TextExpander, TypeIt4Me, SpellCatcherX, CSV file.
• Sync via iCloud/Dropbox/Google Drive/SkyDrive.